Job Profiles In Digital Marketing Explained
Dec 12 2018 admin
A booming, dynamic and vast field of marketing, digital marketing can encompass a wide number of roles. These can include marketing campaigns designing, maintaining, supplying the right content for an organisation, social media engagement, website management and more. Digital marketers utilise tools such as PPC, SEO, SEM to develop strong and innovative digital marketing strategies so undergoing digital media courses is crucial for such careers. Here’s a look at some of the job profiles one can expect in digital marketing.
1. Digital Marketing Executive: Usually responsible for an organisation’s online marketing strategies, digital marketing executives also help in planning and executing campaigns. They can also be in charge of managing and optimising an organisation’s website and its social media channels. Other responsibilities include tracking website traffic, creating an email and SMS based marketing campaigns and identifying new media trends.
2. SEO Executive: Unlike digital marketing executives who are expected to be a jack of all trades, SEO executives have a single line agenda, which is to get their website ranked on the search engine result page and thus increase the traffic to the website. Needless to say, that is a job that is highly in demand with both agencies and companies themselves having such roles. For those who want to pursue a job in SEO, an SEO certification is a must as it builds credibility and equips the learner with essential tools and skills.
3. Social Media Marketing Expert: This profile, as the name suggests, deals with managing a company’s social media presence by expanding their reach, promoting content and interacting with target audiences. To be a social media marketing expert, one should have an SMM certification that one can get from digital media courses to get an understanding and knowledge of social media platforms, marketing strategies, and content optimisation.
4. Search Engine Specialist/Marketer: Some companies may have the same person handling both SEO and SEM, however many companies have a search engine marketer or SEM specialist whose role is to target the number of leads and clicks from the given marketing budget, bid management, keyword research, A/B testing, analysis, and in some instances, copywriting.
5. Analytics Manager: For companies that heavily invest in digital marketing, an analytics manager is a must. They are responsible for the implementation of tools and strategies that transform raw data into valuable business insights. They define the metrics and relevant data sources and extract reports from these sources to present the findings to the management.
6. Content Marketing Manager: For those who enjoy the content side of digital marketing, the role of a content marketing manager is the perfect fit. People in this role are responsible for creating and optimising the content to lead to conversions, develop and deliver well thought out editorial plans and analyse web traffic to further tweak these plans.
advanced digital marketing Career career choices Digital Advertising digital marketing digital marketing career digital marketing certification Digital Marketing Course digital marketing courses digital marketing graduate programs digital marketing online training Digital Marketing Training Institute Digital Media Digital media marketing Digital Media Marketing Courses learn Digital Marketing Learning online marketing courses ppc programmatic buying and planning search engine marketing SEO Social Media social media marketing